If you or your family has an exceptionally high net worth, regular insurance coverage may not offer you all the protections you want or need. For this reason, you might want to consider getting specialized high net worth personal coverage to help ensure all your high-value assets are fully protected.
The Numerous Assets Making Up a High Net Worth May Require Unique Insurance Protections
Part of the reason high net worth individuals may require extra insurance is that numerous valuable assets may need to be covered. For example, you might want to consider securing protections for your:
- Antique objects
- Historic objects
- Family heirlooms
- Fine art pieces
- Expensive jewelry
- Collectors’ items
- Personal collections of wine, stamps and more
- Fleets of high-worth vehicles
High Net Worth Insurance Could Offer Several Key Coverages
In general, insurance for high net worth individuals encompasses several key types of coverage and can offer numerous protections. While not an exhaustive list, the following are commonly included in insurance packages for individuals with high net worths.
- High-value life insurance
- Disability insurance
- High-value homeowners’ insurance
- Flood insurance
- Aviation insurance
- Collectors’ cars insurance and other auto insurance
- Directors and officers liability insurance
- Yacht insurance and other watercraft coverage
- Insurance for second residences, vacation residences or rental properties
- Personal excess liability insurance
For individuals or families with extensive assets, typical insurance policies might fall short of desired coverage. In this situation, getting high net worth personal coverage could provide necessary and wanted protections.