Thayer Innes

Are you looking for commercial insurance in Ann Arbor? While the process of finding the right coverage may seem daunting, making sure you’re adequately protected is worth the effort. To help make it easier to understand what you should be looking for, here are two foundational coverages that you should plan to include in your policy.

General Liability Insurance

According to Thayer Innes, general liability insurance is intended to serve as a catch-all coverage for everyday mishaps that can occur during business ownership. Whether it’s a client getting injured on your property or a widget you sold causing a customer’s home to catch on fire, general liability is there to cover your legal expenses and any other payments for which you’re found liable.

Property Insurance

Property insurance covers your business property in case they become damaged or lost. Your policy can be used to cover your building, landscaping, equipment, furniture and even the data on your computer. If your property needs to be replaced or repaired because of a fire, storm, theft or vandalism, your policy would cover the costs.
There are many other coverage options that may be suitable for you depending on your industry, but general liability and property insurance serve as the basis for most other coverages. Work with an experienced agent to build a policy that meets your exact needs.