What Kind of Car Insurance Do I Need?

VA car insurance comes in all shapes and sizes, and the policy that’s right for you might not be immediately evident. There are a few aspects that you may want to discuss with your qualified agent before you buy.

What Are My Choices?

Liability insurance is required by the commonwealth and covers damage done to property during an accident. You might find that you’re also in need of comprehensive coverage that will pay for repairs due to flood, theft or vandalism. Uninsured and underinsured motorist policies can keep you covered when another party to an accident doesn’t have the proper insurance. Some, however, may find that these options aren’t quite what they require. Other options for VA car insurance include the following:

  • Coverages specifically for vintage or sports cars
  • Boat, trailer and RV insurance
  • Motorcycle and watercraft insurance

In addition to purchasing the right kind of policy, you may want to be sure that your insurance is sufficient to meet your needs without being too costly. Generally, in the event of an accident, you shouldn’t have to worry that your policy won’t be enough to get your car repaired, but you also don’t want to spend any more than is necessary to adequately protect yourself. That middle ground can be hard to find, but the right agent can direct you to the policy that fits you best.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>